14 May 2020

SAQA Benefit Auction - Holly McLean

Please note that SAQA has extended the deadline for submissions for their fall 2020 auction until July 1.  There is still time to enter.

In the meantime, below is the lovely work that Holly McLean is sending to the auction.

Nostalgia in the Time of Quarantine 12"x 12" by Holly McLean, 2020

Holly's Artist Statement: 

Since isolation started, I've been experimenting with paper and mixed media collage and certain shapes and themes were repeating themselves. I discovered an attraction for curvy bowls and vases and old book and letter pages and thought I'd like to translate those themes to my fiber art. I used a painted, printed and stamped background and collaged the vase and flowers onto it. The postcard is a paper photocopy of one that my son sent me years ago from Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment