08 February 2014

Project Hope and Survival - Laurie Swim, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia

Laurie has passed along this message:

Happy New Year to all of the SAQA Atlantic members! I am feeling positive about good things to come in 2014.

My mission this year is to restart the project Hope and Survival to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Halifax Explosion coming up in 2017. A few years ago, I wrote a story from a child's perspective of this tragic event that changed the lives of so many people and still resonates with many families here in Nova Scotia. This will be my seventh Community Built Quilt project and I hope to involve many folks across the province in its creation as well as the gathering of individual stories that have been passed down. 


So whoever reads this, I would love to hear from you if you wish to be involved, or have a special connection to the event you wish to share with me. I will be creating the work over the next three years and hope to show the finished piece here in Nova Scotia and perhaps even in the Boston area in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment