27 June 2014

Yvonne Porcella’s Keynote Address

Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, perhaps some hand stitching (or beading for those of us who have a renewed interest in embellishment thanks to Lisa Binkley and the Vermont Quilt Festival!) and watch and listen to Yvonne Porcella’s Keynote Address at the SAQA 25th Anniversary Conference on May 4th, 2014 in Alexandria, Virginia.

In conjunction with that address, a very interesting and also retrospective viewing is Quilt Alliance President Meg Cox’s interview of the SAQA Presidents

2 comments:

  1. This was a wonderful session. I was tempted to skip it and am so glad that I didn't. Yvonne Porcella is wonderful - her recall and sense of humour are amazing. I love her commitment to documenting the events which led to the 'art quilt'. The interviews with the past presidents were also intriguing. I got a real sense of the sacrifices required to lead and guide a developing organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan Tilsley ManleyJuly 3, 2014 at 9:18 AM

    What a wonderful talk.
    It highlights for me how little I know of our pioneers and how very much I owe them, as I blithely stitch away in my studio.

    ReplyDelete