03 June 2015

An Artist Update - Kathy Tidswell, Burtts Corner, New Brunswick

I haven’t been very productive this winter and spring because I have spent a lot of time travelling. My husband and I went to Antigua in Late January and February for 2 weeks, we went to Victoria for 10 days in March where he was working and I went to the UK for 2 weeks in May where I travelled with our daughter, Lisa, to London, Jersey and Brugge Belgium.
Antigua in February


Victoria, BC in March

Kathy's daughter, Lisa in Jersey


Just before leaving for Antigua I started a thread painting for my son, Tristan and his partner, Erin. It was inspired by a photo he had taken in Algonquin Park. I finished it shortly after I returned and got it shipped off to their home in Waterloo. 

I did receive word in  February that a wall hanging  showing my husband on the Antiguan beach at sunset had been accepted into the Canadian Quilters Association National Juried Show which is being held in Lethbridge Alberta. I am heading to Lethbridge on June 2nd where I am teaching for 3 days.

After several years, my teaching studio and gallery is finished.  I have to get myself organized as to classes and schedules but hope to begin teaching there this summer. I will send a photo of the space in my next post. Presently I do not have the gallery organized.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing the new studio! What a wonderful winter you've had! Congrats on your juried piece!
    The Algonquin Park piece is beautiful. I've always wanted to visit it.

    ReplyDelete