11 February 2016

Spotlight Auction 8

Laurie Swim's Spotlight Auction piece came in just under the wire! That's a total of eight tiny (6"x8") art quilts by Atlantic Canada artists, raising money for SAQA's exhibition programs. Well done and thank you to all who participated. 



Once Upon a Tidal Pool by Laurie Swim, 2016

Once Upon a Tidal Pool... by Laurie Swim of Lunenburg NS

Living next to the ocean is a privilege I took for granted as I was growing up in Nova Scotia. Returning after many years away, I came to realize it underpins who I am and what my art is, a reflection of my surroundings.

Visit Laurie Swim's website to learn more about her work.

So that brings to an end our series of posts about the SAQA Spotlight Auction. If you're thinking you might want to get involved next time around, the deadline for the annual SAQA Benefit Auction is June 1, 2016. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh!! Makes me wish I were going to the conference, just to have a chance (albeit slim) of a winning bid on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours, textures and use of different fibres and beads. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete