12 October 2012

Member Profile - Karen Henry (Dartmouth, NS)

My body of work is largely representational pieces of family, friends, animals (not to be confused with friends or family) and scenery from home and travel. I love to try different techniques with each project, keeping everything fresh, interesting and new to me. I love bold bright colors, although my work is not necessarily dominated by them. Currently my pieces are beginning to evolve into more abstract concepts layered with more common images.

My quilts have been accepted into many quilt shows including the Quilt National in Waterloo, and National Juried Shows at Quilt Canada. I have won several prizes for my quilts and my Trend Tex Challenges, and became the Canadian Quilter's Association teacher of the year in 2008.

Bound - Karen Henry
2012, 35.5 x 12 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment